He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Practically Perfect in every way

I love Mary Poppins.  I can’t count how many times I have been enlightened by her.  She’s confident and self assured, but not to a flaw.  She breaks out into song in a public place and no one seems to think she is a loon.  She can fly. Doesn’t mind getting dirty.  She knows when her time is spent, and makes a perfect exit.  Of all the times I had watched, I never caught this little phrase until passing by it while my kids were mesmerized by this wonderful character.

“Enough is as good as a feast”

I know.  Read it again.  I heard it and it literally stopped me where I stood.  How had I missed this perfect little gem all my life?  I find myself complaining more often than I like admitting about the things I own, or the house I live in, but I have now added this little phrase and it slips me back into my reality in which I should be down on my knees expressing my gratitude for the blessings I do have. 

1 comment: