Jess and Shannon have always had a jovial competition as siblings as to who was the rightful owner of the title ‘Black sheep’ in our family. I, on the other hand am happy to sidestep that title.
I have been hearing a bit about sheep in the past few months. Well, more about those who tend the sheep. So there are shepherds, and then there are sheep herders. There’s a difference. Did you know that? A Shepherd leads His sheep, guiding them. While a sheep herder pushes the sheep from behind, forcing them in the direction he wants them to go.
Is it any wonder why Christ is often referred to as our Shepherd? I tend to be a sheep herder generally. My sister Megan this written in her home:
REACT
I believe it is the way Christ teaches us. He doesn’t react to our mistakes, hopes, or pleadings. He acts, and allows us to follow His perfect example. I need to be better at teaching my children well enough, that when they happen upon a speed bump, they will know how to handle it, instead of watching them go full force toward the speed bump and screaming and chasing after them trying to make them avoid catastrophe. Sigh. So much to work on!
Having you been peeking in my home watching me do way to much reacting lately?? *deep breath* I will try harder, thanks for the nugget.
ReplyDeleteThat was very well said - thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete