So I cancelled my cable when I moved. They told me I owed a $240 early cancellation fee. I told them I had been using their services for 5 years and that no, I did not owe them a cancellation fee. They agreed.
But there was a little problem. There were two companies. One who was also my phone company and whom if I got TV service through, they bundled the price of both the phone and TV service (we will call company A), so that is who I paid monthly. And the other, who actually provided the TV service (company B), but whom I did not pay directly.
So, in order to fix this early cancellation fee, I had to wait for a check from company A to be mailed to me, so I could in turn, pay company B.
So, I got the check from company A to pay company B. And I cashed it. And then I got a statement from company B, saying I had a zero balance and thank you for my business. Hmmm. I had $240 of theirs. And the words that slipped out of my mouth next frightened me…
“Well, then I’m just keeping it.”
Uh huh. I actually said it out loud.
I was going to STEAL!
Once that thought zipped through my devious little mind, I called company B to tell them I had $240 that didn’t belong to me. After 20 minutes of them trying to figure out how to reverse a credit, he told me to call company A and try and return it to them. But what if they won’t take it either? I asked him. As appropriately as possible, he tried to tell me to count my blessings. So, I spend another chunk of time on the phone with company A, who kindly said, it wasn’t their money and again was told in cable company terminology, to again count my blessings. So, I found myself saying…
“Well, then I’m just keeping it.”
Sweet! But be careful, company B really screwed with my bill and even though they "said" I had a credit, it took months to figure out I really owed them and then a whole other mess ensued. I hate company B!!
ReplyDeleteWhahoo!!! Lu that is awesome!
ReplyDelete