He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Thursday, July 19, 2012

A lesson in Jell-O

Who knew America’s funniest home videos would teach my children such a valuable lesson?

Scene: College kids having a  Jell-O eating contest.  (I know, initially I thought Jell-O shots, but no, good clean Jell-O eating fun) 

My kids are trying to figure out who the individual is that caused this scene to make the show… These kids are cheering and chanting, so much chaos… Table falling over onto someone? No.  Jell-O coming from a nose? Nope.

Just as we see green Jell-O eating guy inhale the last of what’s on his plate and start to celebrate, blue jell-O explodes from his opponents face. Everywhere. It had an impact both on the television and in my children's minds. 

Jared: Whoa.  so that’s why you won’t let us eat very much jell-O.

Lainy: (still clearly in shock as her eyeballs have no yet receded back into her face) From now on, I am only eating tiny bits at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment