Lainy is toothless these days. I can’t really say she looks adorable without both top teeth. She resembles more a vampire when she smiles. It took a few different tries to get that stubborn tooth out, and today I knew it had to be the day. I was tired of seeing that tiny tooth twisted, turned and dangling from her mouth. After some crying and the pain subsided, she put that little tooth in a small Ziploc bag. Her bedding was in the washer, so she just left it on her bed until her pillow was back in its place.
Fast forward 3 hours…
Upon returning from a movie outing, I heard a panicky voice exclaim, “where’s my TOOTH?” On her bed there was the little bag, minus the tooth with a tooth sized hole in it. And Flapjack leaving the scene of the crime.
Yup. The dog ate her tooth. I still giggle when I think about it. Lainy’s response was NOT that of humor, but of betrayal and anger. She physically shoved the dog out of her room (he loves to sleep in there) and cried. We sat and talked about it as I assured her that the tooth fairy would understand, and that it might not have been the first time this has happened. Lainy started to come out of her tears, catch the humor of it all and said, “Well, I guess he really wanted a bone! Get it? Cuz my tooth is a bone?!” A memory that won’t soon be forgotten I think.
Monday, February 18, 2013
The dog ate my…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment