bloody nose
covered in pond water
bruised and scraped but not broken
Sounds like a typical Sunday right? Here's the story...
Church was only an hour this morning due to some ward boundary changes, and with Jason out of town we thought we would venture out. Jayce had a bloody nose before we even left, Jared's foot connected with his face in a game of craziness on the couch. It was decided that we would take a bike ride to a park about 2 miles away. Perfect day. Perfect weather, perfect attitudes (almost) and no time constraints. We fed ducks, fish, and even turtles. It was while feeding the turtles that things started to take a turn... Jared started to lose focus and right next to me, in he went. There was a moment of panic in his eyes, and I yanked him back up on solid ground. I started to laugh. And then I couldn't control it. I was trying so hard to be as concerned and stone faced as he clearly wanted me to be. Sweet boy. We stayed another hour at least and not a complaint. He was soggy clear up to his chest. Before heading home we rode to the back of the park. I say park, but this is not your typical park. It's nearly 50 acres. Some of the hills were calling to us to be ridden. Doesn't quite qualify as a Sabbath activity. And that's when unfortunate event #3 happened. They all had a go at the hills, and after seeing how much speed was involved, I capped it at one time each. Lainy's need for speed overtook her need to be obedient. So, down she went, and then down she went. We checked her out and after making fairly certain nothing was broken, she picked herself up by her bootstraps and we rode the 2 miles home. Now I need a nap.



No comments:
Post a Comment