He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Bryce Canyon with my number one number three

Field trips.  Never my favorite outings.  Always with my favorite people.  I volunteer to go nearly every time, even when I really, really don't want to.  It's that little nudge in the back of my heart that reminds me that there is far too little time left to go on these adventures.  Already, I only have Jared left and only one more year of field trips to attend.

Jared and I boarded the loud, smelly, packed bus to prepare for the long 1.5 hour drive to Bryce Canyon national park. As we filed in, it was quickly evident that there were more people than there were seats.  Before the thought formed into my head, my hand shot up and all too loudly I practically yelled "I volunteer! I just filled my tank with gas!"  Then two of my friends followed suit, and so graciously stepped forward to go with me.  We practically ran to my car squealing with delight at our good luck.

The drive was beautiful, and filled with lots of getting to know you questions and laughter while the three boys in the backseat enjoyed a bit of technological freedom.

It's a beautiful place, there is a giant lodge, and lots of places to roam.  I am always shocked when I drive to these places that are practically in my backyard, and see how incredible they are.  It is no surprise people from all over the world come to southern Utah to see the beauty of it.  Certainly one of the better field trips I have been on.  Other than a kid (a bus kid) puking his guts out, and flurries making short, light appearance, it was a great field trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment