He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Monday, July 6, 2009

Up and down in Barnes & Noble

  • Jayce age 7
  • Lainy age 4
  • Jared age 2

As we head through Barnes and Noble and proceed to the escalator, all 3 of my children take a step back and I hear exclamations of  “What is that?  Wow, how do you get on it!?”  and “No, No No, I don’t want to!”  Am I that bad of a mother that my kids haven’t been on an escalator?  Jayce quickly remembered his escalator feet, but I had to carry Jared and give Lainy a good shove.  

They had to use the bathroom once we got up there and since it was quiet and no one else was in the women’s bathroom I made Jayce come in with us.  I was helping Jared or Lainy in one of the stalls and I hear Jayce exclaim, “Mom! Mom!  I need a quarter! Can I have a quarter please??”   Jayce you don’t want one of those honey.   Trust me.

6 comments:

  1. that cracked me up. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still get nervous on escalators, and Jayce you definetly dont want one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids LOVE the 'eskimos'. I have had my kids do the same thing about the quarter, but it's usually in the boys bathroom with some sort of colorful form of protection. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, the joys of the mall. I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be the lame mother because in the summer I take my kids to the mall just to ride the escalators. They love to run and it is out of the heat. They love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahaha ok Jayce cracks me up! You need to tell him that story when he's older. Oh too funny

    ReplyDelete