He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Phew. I mean… Boo!

I swore this was the year I was living Halloween simply. 

And I did.  

Until 2 days before Halloween. I’m not sure what happened. I went into sew mode somehow.  Decided against the simple ghost idea and created a complete Avatar costume, the fluff to Lainy’s ladybug, and lost my fire when I got to Jared, gained control and went back to simple and dug out the ol’ cookie monster costume.  Phew. I am glad it’s over. 

We trick or treated one house and that was Gramma Jet.

Thank you Georgette! We love you! 

Then it was off to trunk or treat!

IMG_4149

I did get a chance to gussy up a lady in our ward who wanted to go ‘Harley’. 

IMG_4146

Jayce was such a sport to let me shave his head for the evening.  He did panic a bit when the realization set in that he had to attend school and church this way. 

IMG_4155

Lainy and Tessa both came as bugs, which is fitting.  Those two are always buzzing around together.

IMG_4158_edited

It’s faces like this that make it all worth it. 

IMG_4156

5 comments:

  1. O my word Jayce looks AWESOME!!! You did a great job Lu, and it helps that he looks like the avatar! And Lainy and Jared both look adorable. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They looked great!!! Oh how I wish I was there! So very fun! Jayce - you look just like Avatar! Lainy - you are the cutest ladybug I have ever seen! Jared - did you find any cookies? :) Love you all and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat that you made the costumes and way to go on just getting the cookie monster out, they are all adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia the costumes turned out great.

    ReplyDelete