He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Friendship

Friendship has been on my mind today.  I have been blessed throughout my life with more dear friends than I am sure I deserve.  At each milestone in my life I have had a friend by my side to laugh, cry, or carry me through.  I was made aware recently of a situation of a woman I know feeling very lonely.   Feeling as though she doesn’t have a friend, and feels so isolated at home with her children.  This is when it dawned on me.  How ungrateful I had been.  Here was a gift I had been given my entire life, and I had rarely given it any thought in gratitude.  First, I was brought up in a church where your social framework is practically set up for you.  Second, I was given the gift of gab.  And third, the opportunity to have friends in my home nearly everyday, for hours at a time to talk and get their hair done.  What a giant pile of friendship I have been given!  So to all of you who are my friends from the past or present.   I am grateful for you.   And to my Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me the gift of friendship.

2 comments: