In preparing Jared and explaining what was going to change once mommy quit doing hair, I told him that we were going to have a blast. He asked, what did I mean? I told him that we would be going swimming, bowling, summer movies, going to see Grammy and poppy in Cali regularly, and whatever else we could come up with. Since then he has asked daily when “the blast” will start. Today is the blast mom? Tomorrow does the blast start? Last weekend was my first free weekend, Jason was home and we thought we would spend some family time.
We hit IHOP (where I had NY cheesecake pancakes DELISH), then the mall where we had an exciting ride (note sarcasm) on a mini train through 1/4 of the mall. Then a conversation that must be recorded took place outside of the restrooms… The kids were checking out the payphones built into the wall and thought the clicking noises he buttons made were wonderful. clickity clickity they went giggling along the way running back and forth between the 2 phones and pretend calling one another until I noticed Jayce (age 9) was looking carefully at the phone. Peering this way and that as if looking for something. As I approached him receiver in one hand, he asked “Um, how do you X out of this thing?” at that moment Jared ran by, grabbed the phone and hung it up. Jayce said, “Oh.” I laughed and laughed. And laughed. That must be what my mom felt like when I asked her what an 8 track was…
After the mall we headed to Skateland and fell on our rears for a whopping half hour until we decided we had had enough. We played arcade games and laughed for a good long while, hit In n Out for lunch and then headed for the destination that had been asked for the entire day…
The Dollar Store. I was tired and falling asleep in the isle. They had been saving and each had money to spend. Oh mama, I now have cheap toys littering every floor in my house. Yay.
Such a happy day. I love my sweet family. Here’s to the beginning of… THE BLAST.
I love your family.
ReplyDelete