He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

His Oakley's

Jason has always loved Oakley sunglasses.  For as long as I’ve known him that is all he wears.  His current pair cost well, more than a pair of sunglasses should cost and he has had them for a couple of years.  There have been many near misses when they were nearly lost, swept away, or dropped. 

Well this week he thought he would take in the old Oakley's he has (apparently) had for years, to have the broken arm fixed.  When he relayed this story to me I envisioned a sweet young blonde girl who said ‘like’ multiple times in a sentence…   So he brings these broken glasses in and asks the girl if she might be able to direct him to where to have them fixed.  Picking them up and examining them, she says, “Wow!  Umm, how old are these?   I have worked here for a few years and I have never even seen a pair like this!”   I had a good laugh.  Vintage Oakley's.  Nice.

1 comment:

  1. Thayne always wears Oakley's too. I love that Jason has kept his so long. Thayne's last pair flew out the car window when he was driving at night to California. grrrr. They do cost too much. I want to see a picture of the vintage pair Jason has.

    ReplyDelete