He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Give it a rest will ya?

A hunter met a young Indian brave deep in the forest, and noticed that his bow wasn’t strung up. 
“Why don’t you keep that bow strung all the time?”
“If I did, than my bow would lose much of the flexibility that nature has given it, and it might fail me when I need it the most.”
And the hunter went his way believing that the human mind shouldn’t be strung tight all the time, but, like the Indian’s bow it needs relaxation. 

Today is the day.  My last day of “work”.  I know the work never ends as a mother, wife, leader, civilian, etc.  But I have been worried that I won’t be doing enough once I am no longer doing hair.  When I read this little story I realized my poor bow has lost so much of the flexibility that life has given it.  My string has been would so tight for so many years that I forgot that rest is also a necessity.  Wise words of counsel I have been to busy to listen to!

1 comment: