Reminder #26
Look at yourself and see what is right instead of what is wrong.
I wish I had internalized this line of thinking as a youth. It is easy to find the things we don’t like in nearly every life situation. I tend to whine a lot more than I express gratitude. And that is exactly what we are doing when we criticize ourselves. Whining about something we didn’t get. Or about something that isn’t perfect.
There is a section in a parenting book I read about counting the number of negative interactions between you and your child, writing them down and doing the same with the positives. I was shocked at the numbers.
We need to take stock sometimes of our attitudes about ourselves. Take the time to think about how you view yourself, the way you look, your actions, and then choose to focus solely on everything wonderful about yourself. It’s refreshing.
And then climb down off your high horse… Ü
No comments:
Post a Comment