“Education, formal education, is a wonderful thing. No matter the class you may choose to take, learn. Learn as if your life depended on it. Perhaps it will. When you open a new textbook, say to yourself, ‘I want to know what this book has to teach me.’ Learn the thrill of digging for fossils on the mountainside, or working over a test tube until dark, or getting on the trail of something in the library and searching it down feverishly for hours. Be a real student, an intellectually curious student.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
I have done hair for 10 years. It seems such a long and short amount of time. In 2 short weeks I will sell off most of my hair styling supplies, and focus my efforts elsewhere. So much sadness is attached to this change. Loss of friends, schedule, and a small sense of self. The thought “Am I as important of a person without being a hair dresser?” I know, silly and self centered. But I still own the thought.
When I read this quote this morning I realized I am whoever I want to be, and will become whatever I invest into myself. I have a list of talents I want to explore and find out of I possess. I want to be available to my children more often. I aspire to have a clean house!
So to myself… hello goodbye!
now you have more time to lunch with me! What a sad and happy time to break away from hair. I can't wait to hear all about it, call me soon so we can lunch.
ReplyDelete