My three not so tiny people started school this week.
New house, new ward, new school, new friends. There was a lot of anxiety floating around. But we made it. With zero tears. Not even from ME! All came home happy and full of chatter. Though the house was quiet and lonely, I found that I quite enjoyed a lot of it. I didn’t prepare properly to accept that it was ok for me to enjoy my time and not just measure it’s success. I miss my babies terribly when they leave. I know that won’t change, but I realize I am an important person to invest time in, and I have a list of things I want to tackle.
This little guy lost his first tooth tonight. I almost cried. My need to express joy in his momentous occasion overpowered that thankfully. The overwhelming thought filled my mind, this is the last first lost tooth. It seems trivial, but I already sent my last child to kindergarten this week. It hardly seemed fair that I had to check another growing- up-too-fast moment off my mom list this week. To add salt to the wound, I didn’t even get to pull it. He pulled the dang thing out himself.
Weekends have a whole new appeal these days…
No comments:
Post a Comment