He’s the original “tiny person” which is what I call all very small kiddos. Somehow it stuck and I just call him tiny. I went into his kindergarten class Friday walked by him touched his head and said, “hi tiny”.
Whoops.
The boy across from him caught it immediately. “Tiiinnneeeyy?? (insert laughter) He’s not tiny” I could see panic on Jared’s face… To which I quickly replied, “he’s tinier than me, and so are you, so your tiny too.” He seemed to accept that answer and moved on. Phew.
My slightly less than tiny person turned 6 this month. He is the coolest kid. With him I learned never to laugh when he played pretend, or when he told me he was a kung Fu master, or sang me a made up song. He was my third try and I finally realized I was only hindering if I didn’t play along in complete seriousness and support. He is very self conscious with the rest of the world, but never with me. I love that he lets me into his world and is comfortable with me there.
I take advantage of every hug, kiss, snuggle, giggle, and laugh that I can because I know they will get scarce. But fingers crossed he is a mama’s boy forever. I love you tiny person.
No comments:
Post a Comment