He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Monday, September 24, 2012

If my walls could talk they would say WAKE UP!

You know that moment you can never remember right as you fall asleep?  Yeah, I did that standing up. While walking.  At the kids school, and only realized it when I side swiped the stuccoed wall.  I’m not sure how well I pulled off that I just lost my balance… 

I’ve run into a few walls in my life.  It’s that same feeling, you don’t realize you fell asleep until something hard wakes you up.  And I think it’s that same feeling when you swipe that wall, that you suddenly realize you lost your balance and you wonder how many people noticed how far gone you were. 

Most recently I have lost my balance on time management.  I got pretty ambitious, signed all three kids up for sports,  two for piano, and one for art class.  Thought it would be fun to coach Lainy’s soccer team (no, I have never even played soccer), be team mom for another, volunteer in each of their classes every week, take an institute class (bible study), and joined the gym.  It all worked super until I actually had to DO it.  My wall on this one was thankfully a relatively soft one.

No comments:

Post a Comment