I'm SURE that is what many of you want to say when I tell you I have chosen to homeschool my 6th grader. So far, I don't feel that way. It came as much of a surprise to me when I entertained the thought late last school year. But that stubborn little thought would not leave my mind. So, I rolled it around a bit. And the more I rolled it, the more snowball- like it became. It was one of those things that after prayer, fasting, meditation, and temple attendance confirmed over and over (just to be sure I wasn't crazy) I knew I wanted/had to do. Many steps over the course of the last few years have led me here, I just didn't realize they were headed up the homeschool mountain.
It is a beautiful thing to research, study, and dig into the kind of curriculum you know your child will love. And believe me, I have done my share of digging and researching. It is astounding the kinds of resources there are to choose from! Also, I must note: to the people who have been willing to take me under their wing and share their incredible knowledge and journey of homeschooling, thank you. I would be lost without you.
Today was Day 1. And it was already so awesome. This boy who does not have a love for learning spent 6 hours with me learning and we both loved it! I know there will be windy days ahead, and I have no idea how long we will continue it, but if the Lord says it's a good thing, then we are sailing on!
Thursday, August 1, 2013
Are you crazy???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment