Let's pretend it hasn't been 2 and a half months since my last entry and jump right in.
JR never did have a birthday post from last month and my thoughts are on him tonight. This guy is currently a bit toothless. Two front teeth, gone. And one or two missing from the bottom too. I thought somehow his little face wouldn't be as cute without those teeny tiny teeth up front. Boy was I mistaken! He turned 7 last month. Yeesh. JR has had a few funky habits the last year or so...
My sisters and I were out for a jog the other night, and one casually asked if JR had given up his "mouth stretching" habit. He would always open his mouth really wide and stretch out his mouth. It was weird. Coupled with that, he was a lip licker. Uh huh. Red clown lips ALL THE TIME. It bugged me to no end. I tried the soft-kind-reminder approach, the you-get-to-choose-for-yourself approach, and the your-friends-are-going-to-make-fun-of-you approach. Nothing worked. Finally the angry-you-will-be-in-so-much-trouble-if-you-lick-your-darn-lips-again approach did the trick! Then, with a giggle Shelley reminded me of his last years habit...
JR was learning to read last year and whenever he saw a word on a sign or paper he would "trace" it with his eyes and move his head in the direction of the "tracing". He got so proficient with that, and the habit began. He would "head trace" everything. Then I realized he had gone from tracing to just wobbling his head all the time. It was pretty funny. And weird. I tried all of the above tactics. I cant remember why it stopped. But it did. My sisters and I had a good laugh when we coupled all of those funny JR habits together.
To my tiny,
I love you with every inch of my heart. You make me laugh and know just the right moments that I need a snuggle or a kiss. You are such a great friend and know how to keep us on our toes. I love you tiny person. Love, Mom
Sunday, October 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment