He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, January 24, 2014

It has been a week!   First, the (huge) young man who bullied Jayce last year apparently had not gotten it all out of his system and after many, many ding dong ditch attempts to irritate, he decided it would be a sly idea to dump a large amount of green goo onto my porch.  Solid idea dude.  Way to show me.  Would have been a good idea to not get caught by 2 neighbors and your own grandfather.  Hopefully, that will be the end of that.

Second (or maybe this was first...  It's a little blendy), after 3 days of thinking I smelled gas, I finally called the gas company.  Here's how it went down.  Brandon (the gas guy) shows up all ghost buster-like, wand in hand and after making a sweep of my house with it, informed me that we were not in danger of an explosion according to his wand readings.  Whew! Thanks for that.  After further assessment, his under control attitude developed a underlying level of panic.  His pace picked up as did his perspiration.  He told me later that he was trying to assess whether or not we should evacuate.  Seriously??  He had found a large gas leak in the attic next to the furnace.  Yeesh.  Smart man to recognize that the gas meter was running without the furnace or water heater being on.  Apparently, if you have to ask the homeowner (renter) to vacate, they have to call the fire dept.  After I saw him zipping to and fro, I took Flapjack outside with me. 

And Lastly, a little kung Fu gone awry.  I so badly wish I had the sense to have been filming when this happened...   Jared is the youngest, and by now I know that you cannot hinder a child's imagination by giggling at them.  So, when Jared asked me to come into the hallway to watch him, I had my game face on.   He started some karate moves, slicing, kicking, sweeping kicks,  it was all very fast and very intense.  He got going so fast that I was beginning to lose my straight face and encouraging tone, and just at that moment his front kick became his last, when it connected with his face.  It was really, really funny.   I'm laughing even now as I remember it.  Oh was he ever mad.  I could not get control of myself and the laughter.  I tried to pick him up and hug him to hide my laughing, no dice.  He was mad as a hornet.  He had quite a fat lip from it.  Love you little man.  Sorry, I know I shouldn't have laughed.  Hopefully, you'll laugh at it too someday.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment