He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, May 20, 2016

Janna background

I first met Janna when she interviewed me for the job at the OBGYN office.  I remember thinking she was just about the most bubbly and sunshiny person I'd ever met.  After I got the job, I remember thinking that both joy and misery were contagious.  She made that office joyful.  And we caught it.  It was about 9 months later that she had the mass in her stomach checked and found the cancer.  A baby friendship really.  But 9 months is all you need to grow a human, and it was certainly enough time to solidify a deep rooted friendship.  It's been about 7 months since she was diagnosed. A lot has happened.  Surgery, chemo, triumphs and sorrow.  She is still as joyful as the day I met her.  I have come to know and love her family.  Her children are here sometimes and I can see the influence of the their mother in the squeals and shrieks of happiness.  We moved to Cedar on a whim.  There was no concrete reason to move here.  No family, no friends, and no job.  Over the last nearly two years I have developed friendships that have changed me, opportunities that scare me, and a love for this town I now call my home.  Janna is a huge anchor for me here.  I know she is one of the reasons we were led here.  Not because she needed me,  she would be just as successful in her journey without me.  But because the Lord knew we needed each other.   She and I have often acknowledged the feeling that we are only carrying on a friendship developed long before this earth life.  I believe it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment