He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My tiny person

I have been gone most of today, so when I pulled into the garage tonight and spent a few moments in the car gathering my thoughts, I could have very well let my impatience get the better of me when Jared popped his face up next to the car window and enthusiastically pointed to his shared journal.  Each of my children has a small journal that is a space where they can write to Jason or I, and we can do the same to them.

It has been a while since I have seen one.  Jared has always struggled with reading and writing.  So, to see three pages filled with words, charts, and drawings meant he had spent a significant amount of time on it.  I won't share what he wrote publicly, but they were words of love spoken from a boy to his mama.

My sweet Jared turned 10 this month and I had a hard time with it.  It's been a big year of birthdays this year. Jayce turned 14 attending youth conference, EFY and then started high school.  Lainy will turn 12 in two short months, move up to young womens, and started middle school. And Jared, no longer a single digit kid, and having an opinion on his clothing and hair.  All of this also means I am getting older.  And that's ok with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment