He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Listening to an Apostle of the Lord

Jayce and I had the opportunity to listen to Elder Ballard speak this weekend at the Centrum at SUU. Honestly, I was looking for ways to get out of it, I wanted to spend more time with Jason since he only has about 36 hours home each weekend.  I knew it was a pretty important and uncommon occurrence, and yet I was not anxiously awaiting it.  A few of my laurels wanted to ride together, so we went.  What a blessing of an evening.

I have been working on recognizing the spirit in my life, what is emotion and what is the Spirit.  I was captivated.  I have a hard time sitting still for long periods of time in a confined space, but this. This was different.  I knew without the emotion attached, that the spirit was strong in that giant room.

I didn't take notes, I didn't check and recheck my phone, I didn't giggle with the girls by my side.  I listened.  It wasn't until Elder Ballard was recapping that I realized I had never taken my notebook out of my bag.  It didn't matter, that night it was about the moment, and there were answers that I didn't even realize I had been searching for, answered.


No comments:

Post a Comment