He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Morning recap

You know when you were younger and your alarm went off in the morning and you sleepily think of the reasons to stay in bed?  Then your brain goes through the previous days events and if something great happened that day (i.e. a kiss, a new job, chocolate muffins) it gets you out of bed and puts a hop in your step?  Well, this morning I did that for the first time in a long time.  And I wanted to remember my list.

  1. New wedding ring on my finger (I lost mine grrr)
  2. Got a new outfit for Jess’s engagement party
  3. I’m going to San Francisco by myself for a whole weekend!
  4. No heartburn! 

And the thought that gave me the most joy…

All of my children slept through the night.   No pee, no asthma, no coughing, no nightmares.  Sigh.  This HAS to be a good day! 

(And it’s only going to be 90 degrees!!! I love anything that isn’t triple digits.)

4 comments:

  1. See you on Friday!!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. new ring? I can't wait to see it. Don't you love when everything just runs smoothly even if it is just for a little while. If I don't see you have fun this weekend and give Jess a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you were going away ALONE!! Have a super fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sad I don't get to go to San Francisco. But I hope you have fun!! And I need to see this new ring!

    ReplyDelete