Now I am no clean freak. I don’t need vacuum lines in my carpet daily, I don’t need to see my reflection in my floors, but I am definitely happier when my house is clean.
It has been quite a few days since I have ventured to think of cleaning my house. Jared has been more of an attachment than I thought after his surgery. And since he is so little and so rarely snuggles I certainly took advantage.
And the filthier my house became, the darker my mood became.
Yesterday the vacuum made its appearance. I could actually feel my mood starting to lift as the dirt did. Tonight I could feel myself starting to snap a bit at the kids, (no- you can put your own band-aid on, please just go sit in front of a movie so I can relax, and a lot of because I said so’s) I found that as soon as I started a load of laundry and pushed start on the dishwasher, things like yes sweetheart, and of course I can hold you started to flow again.
I knew there was a reason that Monica was my favorite on Friends.
I always tell my kids that the way to my heart is through a clean house. It's how I got my mom to say yes to anything I asked her for.
ReplyDeleteHahaha I can totally relate. When my house is a wreck (like now) I am ALWAYS grumpy...
ReplyDeleteI am exactly the same way, especially since I've been pregnant this time. Even a little thing like wiping down the kitchen counters is so refreshing sometimes.
ReplyDeleteWe are twinnies. :)
ReplyDeleteI think deep down we are all like that, it's just a matter of if we want to put forth the effort. I have to say it always makes me mad on days when it's all cute and clean and NO ONE stops by. The next day I let it all go to heck and everyone I know pops in. Still feels nice though!
ReplyDelete