He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Thursday, February 4, 2010

It’s coming down in Buckets

Our Father in Heaven has given us, His children, much more than any mortal mind can comprehend. Under His direction the Great Jehovah created this wondrous world we live in. God the Father watches over us, fills our hearts with breathtaking joy, brightens our darkest hours with blessed peace, distills upon our minds precious truths, shepherds us through times of distress, rejoices when we rejoice, and answers our righteous petitions."

Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Love of God," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 22

I struggle with consistency in all departments.  Discipline, eating habits, exercise, daily scripture and prayer.  It always seems as though I wait until I become depleted and desperate that I have a desire to put these things back into working action.  Each time that I do, specifically speaking of scripture study and prayer, I see and feel significant change and blessings as though they are poured and sometimes dumped onto me and my family.  Today is no exception.  My most recent beautiful blessing came in the form of a prayer by a 7 year old.  Asking that his mom have strength, and his siblings with health.  Seems pretty basic right?  That’s part of the blessing.  That I get to become aware of the small beautiful things I have been given.  An outpour of blessings doesn’t mean circumstances will change or you will be handed a free pass. Mostly, it is strength to overcome, to have gratitude and enjoy what you do have. 

3 comments: