He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Monday, April 5, 2010

No Drama Mama

She says I’m calm.  (laughter)  She thinks I am patient.  (snicker) 

I love this girl.  Meet Candace. My sweet sis-in-law who is staying with me and my family for a bit.  She is funny, and spontaneous, and healthy (holy cow, she is healthy!) she’s passionate, fiery, and loving.  She has two sweet angels, John and Blazer.  And of course, her man, JJ.  (Jason’s little bro) 

In the few weeks they have been here I have learned more than a thing or two.  When I assumed I would be playing the part of the example-er, I learned more than a thing or two from watching this young mama of two…

  • enjoy my children at all times
  • patience goes a long way
  • look for the positive in my kids
  • less sugar really does make a difference in children! (wow.) 
  • Studying the scriptures no matter what your beliefs, should be like drinking water in the desert.
  • Judging is a no no. 

None if this was learned by her cramming it down my throat or even mentioning it casually.   It was all by her example in my home.  I have come to really love this family.  And not just because she thinks I’m calm.  Which I love.  Give it a few more weeks… she’ll come around.

1 comment:

  1. Send her over here next... I could stand to learn a thing or twelve!

    ReplyDelete