I hadn’t blogged in a while. I started a few days ago, but all I could squeeze out was a few scratch-the-surface memories and thoughts.
I knew this post was coming. Lurking in the back of my scattered little mind. The moving post. I have been inching across the diving board toward the water for months now. It’s time to dive in. Make our move. In 2 weeks. My house is half packed. It’s sold. Sigh. I talked pretty big. No tears allowed. I only talked about the good and excitement in all of it. Bright, shiny, and new. Now, looking over the edge, I would like to baaaaack up, right down into my nice comfy familiar pool chair. Have you been there? But you can’t backup. There’s a line. You have to jump. So I am standing here crying on the edge of the diving board hoping it will just go away.
I don’t want to be the kid who cries at the edge of the diving board that someone puts out of their misery by giving me a swift shove over the edge.
I know I’m not dying, or even moving very far. But I’ll miss my friends. My home. My familiarity.
And in I go! (envision me gracefully twirling through the air, a couple of flips and just the tiniest splash.)
You are an amazing woman who will be sorely missed, BUT along with being amazing, you are strong and resourceful. You'll be great and someday be able to look back and understand all they "why's" of it all. You have definitely made a difference in my life and I love you for it. Now buck up little camper and go be a blessing to those who are waiting for you. Ü
ReplyDeleteJulia, you are so strong. I know how hard it is to take that jump. Just remember that He knows where you are and what you need. The new place will be what you need it to be for you and your family. Love you!
ReplyDelete