I should preface with my original Rhamba moment. I met her while we were both in beauty school, (Rhamba having practiced esthetics for 15 years prior in India) and she introduced herself to me by saying in her very best english "Your eyebrows are wrong" If I could write her accent it would make it all so clear she meant no harm. She just doesn't know how to "pretty up" her words so as to not hurt someones feelings. So, today 5 years later, mom and I went to get our eyebrows threaded by Rhamba. It was so good to see her. Mom laid down and Rhamba showered her with compliments as always. Next, it was my turn. She didn't say much, until she was done and I got up. "You need facial, exfoliation, and mask. Your skin is not good. See your mother's skin? It is so nice. She has glow. You don't." NICE!!! What do you say to that?
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is hilarious! I don't ever want to go to her then. I can't even imagine what she would say. I wonder how we missed out on mom's great skin! Great blog by the way!
ReplyDeletehey take me with you next time. Have you seen my eyebrows.
ReplyDeletehey bytheway, I think you have pretty skin.
ReplyDeleteI want her #. I NEED Rhamba!
ReplyDeleteHi Julia!
Julia - I always feel badly when Rhamba says you don't have the skin I have or whatever she says. You are beautiful. Dad and I talked today about how stunning you are and how beautiful all of our children are. All of our kids, including Jess, make heads turn to look!
ReplyDeletehaha- thanks mom. At least it's just the "glow" I am missing. I am grateful my childhood acne days are over... Silver lineing people!
ReplyDelete