He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, February 29, 2008

Kids say the darnest things...

Everyday it's the same... pick up Jayce from school and ask the same question

"So? How was school today?"

"fine mom"

"Did you do anything fun? What happened at recess?"

"Ummm, I don't remember"

Rarely do I get much more out of him. But today I got an earful without even asking! He was eating his snack after school and it started like this:

"Mom! We read the funniest story today. It was about UNDERWEAR!"

This peaked a bit of interest.

"So there was this noodle, his name was Mr Brown and he bought some underwear and they didn't have the right size and they were this big (shows me with his hands) and guess what? He heard a noise in the tree, and he didn't know what it was, and started throwing apples at it and it was his underwear!"

He BURST into giggles at that point.
I just love hearing when my children are joyful. It's what life is all about. And stories relayed from a 5 year old are priceless.

2 comments:

  1. He is a crack up. So was the book "Captain Underpants"? I know my kids read those books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!!! You finally have a blog! I am so glad to have a new way to keep in touch with you! Check out my blog for the photos of my kids I have been meaning to email you...Love you!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete