He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Eggstremely long post ahead…

Easter started and ended well.  Friday the festivities started at Shelli’s for an egg hunt.  She has an acre so we had lots of fun places to hide them!

IMG_2838IMG_2836

It went well, until I caved in to the begging and drove home with a blue chick.  Yes, you heard me.  Dipped chicks.  It was quickly returned to it’s original owner later that day.  That night we (and when I say we, I mean I) got through the motions of making our traditional Easter cookies.  Some years are better than others.  It wasn’t as reverent as I had envisioned when I was snapping at one or another of the kids to sit or not play in the ingredients halfway through a scripture.

IMG_2854 IMG_2843

Saturday was Easter dinner with the fam, and it was divine. 

IMG_2867 IMG_2868

Then the annual hunt at Grammy’s.   There are still some eggs hidden there I know they missed.   It was always fun when we were kids to find eggs throughout the year when you pulled out a book, or were cleaning the couch, or in the plants.  Mom and dad are pros at good hiding spots.  I think the money egg was in the mailbox one year… 

IMG_2869_edited IMG_2881

Slinkies were a hit.  Once we realized we could hold them in our eye socket and fling them around, each were begging for a try.  Ok, so it was only those pictured.

 IMG_2895 IMG_2898 IMG_2901

Easter Sunday.  Calm.  The Easter Bunny had arrived that night and doesn’t do a whole lot of hullabaloo so, it was a quiet excitement over his footprints and if the baskets were equal in it’s contents, and off to church we went without taking a picture.

IMG_2914 IMG_2913

We took Rachel and Martha Stewarts idea of Tie-dying Easter eggs and they turned out awesome.  Well, half did.   The half that wasn’t real silk ties stayed white.   Ah well.   It was way easier and less messy than dipping eggs in dye.  

IMG_2919

Happy Easter!

7 comments:

  1. How fun! Your hair has gotten so long since I last saw you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you didn't keep the chick? Hey your eggs turned out just as good as Rachels. I am so trying it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those eggs look awesome. Wish I could see em' in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fun Easter! I love the bunny footprints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Those eggs are colored so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chickened out on the cookie idea. I couldn't see it being a very reverent event at my house so I opted for the crescent roll idea. Looks like the egg hunt at Shelli's was a success. I'm sure my kids would have loved it. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you tye dyed your eggs! What a great idea! That was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete