The first time I noticed it we were halfway across the country at a truck stop. Poor Maple was in heat, and with a suburban full of kids, you can imagine the smell. Mom had stopped to clean out the car, give my best friend Alaina and I break from each other and stretch our legs. Our family used drive cross country from Cali to NY nearly every summer, but that’s another story... Mom walked around the car to get back in as a semi honked in the distance. She repeated, “boop boop boop!” to herself. As we laughed I don’t think we realized that boop boop boop would be repeated so many times over the years. It was then we started to notice mom said things in multiples of three’s…
Boy, is it hot today, hot hot hot.
Please don’t fight with each other, we need to be nice. Nice, nice, nice.
Yes, I have acquired the same repeating speech in coming into motherhood. It also seems my children have caught on. This morning I asked Jayce how his Fruit Loops were. “Good good good”, he replied.
Laugh ~ that is so funny - I don't know why I or 'we' do that? For years it has been brought up from the story of old Wrinkles! Yep, it was Wrinkles when the truck went by I think. But yes, we do have our story of Maple and being in heat! What a trip! Fun Fun Fun! :o)
ReplyDeleteI have never noticed you doing it but I am so paying attention for now on.
ReplyDeleteThat is funny! It reminds me of the goose in Charlotte's Web!
ReplyDeleteI dont think is goes as far back as Wrinkles though does it? I could have sworn it was Maple. But yes all of us do that. funny funny funny
ReplyDeleteI totally do the same thing! My husband makes fun of me for it, especially when the kids do it. Must be in the mother gene. Love it, love it, love it! :-)
ReplyDelete