How often does a friend come along that you can preceed the term friend with "dear" or "best"? Not often for me. I think they are scarce so that we don't become lax and take them for granted. Truly it is a gift to have a dear or a best friend, and one does not have more than a handful in a lifetime. Whatever the case, I am grateful for those on my small list of dearest friends. These are women who I have leaned upon, or have leaned upon me, since that is what a friendship essentially means. You fill gaps when you are needed, and get your own gaps or in some cases, gaping holes filled by thier love and compassion. You cry with and cry for them. You laugh at, get laughed at, and laugh together. All of these friendships have seen and overcome trials, heartache, or sorrow. It is through this that the friendships are solidified. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who is mindful of us always and uses his children to steady, uplift, and strengthen one another.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very well put- xoxo
ReplyDeleteJust so you know, you're still on my short list of dearest friends. Maybe someday I'll actually get to spend some time with you! ;) Seeing each other or no, you're always in my heart, Jules!
ReplyDelete