He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Domino affect

Days like today make me grateful for the hum drum run of the mill daily on goings.  (Minus the amazing Pedi and plate of brownies)

Driving and picking up 8 different shifts in 100 degrees made for a necessary few changes of clothing.  Shelley came and gave me a Pedi, (highlight of my day thank you!)  The other Shelli brought me a plate of brownies.  I am sure they were delicious,  my kids devoured all but 4 which I stashed on the counter for Jason I at a later time.   Instead, I forgot to lock up the stupid cat and she enjoyed them.  Lainy wanted her nails painted like mine so we did.  Jared later decided he wanted some painting done as well, but without help.  Everywhere.  White cabinets, knees, feet, hands, shirt.  I found that mess while I was making some semblance of a meal out of my most favorite whipping cream biscuits and a new chicken fingers recipe that looked and smelled divine.   Here’s how that went down…   As I opened a brand new gallon of apple juice, Lainy spilled water.  She grabbed a towel off the counter that was holding the plate of freshly baked biscuits.  I tried to catch (and miss) the plate and the apple juice went flying.  All over me.  By the time I returned from taking a sanity break, the chicken was ruined.  Sigh.  At least we had leftover pizza from last night to eat.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lu I am SO sorry! I hate days like that - I hope you are in bed now. Maybe I can make you some new brownies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I added to your chaos. Some things are funny to read about even if they aren't funny when they happen, but I didn't even laugh this time. That all just sucked for you. Hope today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Macaroni Girl....what a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...gotta love those days! Makes you appreciate all the other uneventful ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I am sorry!! well atleast your feet looked pretty through the whole thing right?? I am sorry that was not a fun day =( ah but the memories Ü

    ReplyDelete