He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Little boy stink

Remember this?  My baby is no longer so much a baby at nearly 3, and no longer has that piney fresh smell.  He has graduated into the stinky little boy phase.  I noticed it this morning as I begged for a snuggle and then snuggled him right to the bathtub.   Sniffff….  aaaah.   Lavender. (high on my favorite smells list- J&J lavender shampoo).  And a few short hours later as I crawled in bed next to him to wake him from his slumber…   the lavender was gone.  In it’s place…   stinky little boy.  Can I borrow someone’s baby? 

IMG_3501

4 comments:

  1. and every year the stink gets worse. I think it's how you wean them from you. By the time they are 16 you are begging for them to take their stink out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should smell my van on the way home from school! 5 nasty "stinks". It's a sad but true fact of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the hardest time welcoming the boys home from school because of that lovely smell. I just have to remember to take a deep breath right before the big squeeze.

    ReplyDelete