When Jayce was 5 and getting ready to begin Kindergarten my wise sister-in-law Kathy gave me a much needed head’s up. She said, “are you prepared to take a back seat and not have all the answers?” Huh? “Once your kid starts school, you become second in command after the teacher. If the teacher says something is true and you feel otherwise, the teacher trumps mom.”
This info has since been proven accurate many times over. Lainy is now preparing to enter the same doom school. She began a little early with this convo yesterday…
L: When Tessa chews gum, she chews it so long that it just disappears.
M: Mmm, usually if you chew gum too long it just gets small and hard.
L: No, Tessa said, mom. It’s Tessa’s gum and it disappears.
M: Ok, she is probably right then.
L: She IS right.
This drives me crazy! Declan does the same thing, and half the time I feel like I'm only getting a small part of any story. I was so not prepared for it when he started school.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! It only gets better.....
ReplyDeleteHmmm.....Tessa might be on to something. I do remember on occasion having gum that I chewed so long that it ended up disintegrating in my mouth - got all crumbly and just "disappeared". Maybe she had that kind of gum! Either way - I am SO not ready for Drew to go to "real" school.
ReplyDelete