He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Night time selfishness

Last night I was tired.  I did not want to spend another night up with Jared and his coughing fits which ultimately result in vomiting.   After 4 months of this, my patience has worn thin. Why can’t we fix this? I got angry when I had to change his clothes after he gagged and got yuck on him.  I was annoyed that he was so particular about how his breathing mask went on.  I sighed a lot when he wanted more than one drink.  And I wanted to sleep! 

I I I.  Me me me. 

Rewind to the last post about not being a very good chorister for my family.  I signed up for this mothering business.  I knew it was going to have it’s perks and its challenges.  And here I was thinking only of myself. Again.  This thought went through my mind about 3 am last night. Yes, I was tired.  But my sweet little one was the one coughing uncontrollably.  He was the one who’s throat hurt.  He was the one who had to drink that nasty medicine. He was the one who had just had his little tonsils taken out.  And he couldn’t sleep either!  All I had to be was awake!  Oh, I did a lot of snuggling and coddling the rest of the night.

IMG_4553

1 comment: