He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Mother’s Symphony

As I quickly re-applied mascara over yesterdays mascara and threw my hair into a ponytail for the day, I listened to what was a house quiet of children and here is what I heard… 

  • Jared snoring in my bed
  • the clock ticking next to me
  • the washing machine making it’s rounds
  • the dryer complimenting with buttons inside rhythmically tapping
  • a dishwasher whirring softly
  • Flapjacks paws ticking across the floor

A mother’s music.  So many times I have gone through my day stressed and trying to quiet the sounds of my family.  I should be leading them in song!  Directing and teaching.  Not shushing them. 

(Stay tuned for more on this subject night time- version, in a coming post.)

2 comments:

  1. Those sounds sound very familiar, a good reminder to enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your insight. So sorry Jared isn't doing any better.

    ReplyDelete