I wish I had the ability to explain something I am passionate about to a person without overwhelming them. (i.e. The gospel, running, or Thrive the new food storage company I am promoting) I tend to just chatter my way through an explanation until I realize I have said too much, in an unorganized manner until they get that glazed over look and have checked out.
Here are a few possible solutions I have come up with…
- Don’t curb your enthusiasm if it is real. But don’t force it either.
- Be an active listener and allow conversation
- Don’t plow through with info if you can’t get them interested
- Think before you speak and organize your thoughts
- Remember, not everyone is in the same place in life. They just may not be ready
Can’t say that I have to ability to follow all of these things, but at least they came out of my own brain so there is hope!
Nice plug! *smile* I am so with you on the rambling thing. It will get better I think the more you explain. :)
ReplyDeleteYou should write a book. You are so well spoken. Thank you Lu!
ReplyDelete