This is Marta.
When I was 21 and in beauty school I did a LOT of pedicures. I had my own mini clientele. Marta and her friends came every month. I knew the first time I met her that her and I had harmonious spirits. We laughed and talked and worked on those callused feet! I finished beauty school and as life took me here and there, Marta was always there with me. She has been a comfort, a confidant and friend to me all these years. She is a brilliant artist, quite a comedian (even when she hasn’t intended to be!) and has a fine tuned listening ear. Marta often comes bearing gifts: wind chimes, treats, and even sweet letters in the mail. She has brought me many plants over the years. I killed the majority of them. (She started bringing my seeds after I killed half a dozen lantana, the said-to-be unkillable plant) I credit her for my ability to keep house plants alive today via trial and error. She brings books and love to my children, and they adore her. I feel privileged to know her and call her my friend. Love you Marta!
awwww you always have the neatest friends!
ReplyDelete