He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Jared turns 13

A teenager.  My last baby to leave childhood on his way to adulthood.  He is the gentlest, quietest, let's be honest...sweetest one of all.  It takes a bit more work to see those qualities through the mist of the teenage barrier, but you can see it.  In our quiet moments, away from the world when he lets the walls down.  I am grateful to be the mother to three incredible souls.  But for today, I celebrate Jared.  He was a smidge of baby coming into the world nearly 4 weeks early at a whopping 5 lbs.  He was darling and sweet from the start, eating well, sleeping well, and just happy to be carted around.  It was his second year of life that he began to make things interesting.  After 13 years of it, I can tell now that it's because he has a busy brain.  He likes to create, build, tinker with, and destroy everything in his line of sight.  As a 2 year old that translated to chaos, but only in the hours he was awake...  One year all I did for a birthday post was list all the things he had dumped out and destroyed.  It was a very long list. These days you will find him on the football field, on a skateboard, a scooter, a bike or running on his own two feet.  But rarely will you see him standing still, he's just the best kind of fun. I love you kid. Happiest birthday to you my sweet boy. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment