It happened again tonight. That beautiful feeling we sometimes label inspiration. It's been a hard week. It seems like a one-thing-after-another kind of week. Today I felt overwhelmed. It was that feeling where your insides are tense, everything feels overwhelming and your to-do list feels like it will never get done, and you have this unnatural drive to have it all done right this second. I tried venting to my sister and even though she spoke calm and kindness to me, I still felt an intense need to yell at all the things.
One weekend of every month we make a visit to someone we love who is doing amazing things on the path to personal healing. Like amazing stuff. Like the stuff of miracles. And it never fails, the week leading up to that visit is filled with chaos and stress. Wouldn't you know it, our visit is this weekend.
I went on a quick run tonight and decided that I would just listen to pandora. I have all but given up on "normal" music these days. There is too much sifting to find something that isn't offensive, so I was listening to Christian rock while I jogged along to the beat of whatever came on next. Sometimes I sing when I run. Out loud. So I was singing and I was running. And I was thinking. Of all the crazy I had on my list to get done before our visit this weekend. Then that beautiful feeling came as I sang these words to this incredible song by Bethel music "I raise a Hallelujah... in the presence of my enemies." You might not know this little thing about me. But I love a good "amen" "hallelujah" or "praise the Lord" during worship services. Ok, so it's not a big thing in the LDS church around here, but I wish it was! So, I say it in a whisper, but I love to say it!
These weekend visits. They are important. This person we love, is doing things that will change many lives for good. This person we love is a giant and is spreading love and healing. So when I had that beautiful feeling... with a jolt, I sang loud, "I raise a hallelujah!" and said "not today Satan!" And I will continue to raise a hallelujah every. single. day.
No comments:
Post a Comment