He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, October 10, 2008

2 days can be long

I am sure that you all feel the same as I by now, that my posts are getting a bit repetitive... But for the sake of teaching my children later in life what monsters they had the ability to be, I will post another...

2 days. What can you fit into 2 days and still keep the sanity of a mother?

  • Poppy diaper removed and strewn about the house.
  • New diaper removed and pee on the floor.
  • 10 DVDs removed from their case and placed into pee on floor.
  • cushions removed form couch and chocolate milk squeezed out of box onto couch.
  • Water dispenser on fridge pushed until large lake is located on kitchen floor.
  • Water filled in cup and dumped while running through kitchen and living room.
  • A 6 year old requiring an enema
  • Finally loading children in van to take 6 year old to school....
The van was dead.
As I drove the kids packed like sardines into Jason's school commuter car I asked for silence.
Lainy began to sing... Onward ever onward as we glory in his name, onward ever onward as we glory in his name, forward pressing forward, as a triumph song we sing, God our strength will be press forward ever called to serve our King!

9 comments:

  1. I've got to meet this little girl of yours. haha. That is classic. I bet you couldn't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I have no more diapers! And what a sweet little Lainy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids crack me up! Mine were never that creative when they were young. God has impressive ways of speaking to our hearts, doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty much dying here. I totally, wholeheartedly sympathize. I have had several of those days recently. Remember when we were in Young Women and all we cared about was where the next Stake Dance was? On days like the one in your post, I really miss those days. Plus I got to see you all the time then. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You brave mommy! That sounds like a crazy crazy two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lu - Whenever you tell me you had one of "those" days I can't even begin to imagine what your day entailed. You really hold it together well. I think I would end up in a corner crying by the end of the day with all that you go through! Good thing you kids are cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lainy was definitly inspired to sing that song at that moment. I know you have rough days, but when I hear you talk about it, sometimes I just want it myself. I want the joys of having children. along with the headaches. I am excited for when I get to have stories like those. And hopefully I will have a child like Lainy who will remind me to move onward. Quite the day Lu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am impressed she knew all the words. She is a crack up.

    Now, everything else "SCREAMS" girls night out.

    ReplyDelete