As I set the wrapped preschool present on Jason's video game shelf, he quickly walked over and moved it to the shelf above. Really? I can't place anything on the beloved shelf?? No, you have plenty of other places to put it, he says. In finding out why, he commented that I was disorganized.
ME???
Oh, he was in for it now. I steamed for an hour laying in bed thinking of all the ways to help him take his foot out of his mouth. And when I woke up, I was still thinking... As I scanned the room I realized he never left anything out in that room. So, I moved to the next room in my mind... I felt like Cinderella trying to think of something nice to say about Lucifer the cat...
Well, he always leaves out the.... nope.
He never puts away the... nope.
Well, surely I can just throw all of the laundry I usually do all over his side of the bed.
No, that would make me disorganized..... I sat down at that point and scanned the master bathroom. 6 shirts of mine strewn across the bathtub to dry. 2 Q-tips on the counter. Mine. A roll of packing tape next to the sink. And at least 6 articles of clothing randomly placed throughout the room that belonged in the hamper. Holy cow, the man is right!!! I do leave a trail wherever I walk. - Pick up a book from the hallway and set it on the kitchen counter.
- Open a piece of gum and set the wrapper on the shelf in the pantry.
- Wrap presents in the bedroom, carry tape to bathroom and leave on the counter.
- Sit on couch, remove shoes and leave them.
I am disorganized!
now I really know why I like you. Thayne and I are exactly the same way. But hay it is easy when you are only cleaning up after yourself. We are cleaning up after everyone and we get to tired when it comes to cleaning up after ourselves.
ReplyDeleteWow, that sounds like something i do too! That exact scenario!!
ReplyDeleteBeing wrong stinks.
ReplyDeleteI HATE it when they're right. Fortunately, it's so infrequent, I suppose you can live with it JUST THIS ONCE. ;)
ReplyDeleteman i wish my husband had this trait of jason's. we are all just disorganized which i can tell you can create a very grumpy mother sometimes since i am then cleaning up after 4 instead of just me. dang. congrats to jason. hope you guys have a very merry christmas.
ReplyDeleteI am exactly the same. I usually leave things laying around and I say to myself that I will eventually get back to it....I never do! But in defense, there usually is something (kid or hubby related) that is distracting and needs attending to. At least, that is what I am going to tell myself. Makes me feel better.
ReplyDeleteSigh.....I am with ya on this one Jules. Must be something we picked up as kids!
ReplyDeleteme too.
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up. I know we didn't pick this up from Mom though. Atleast I dont think.
ReplyDelete