Disney cartoons seem to have more of a handle on political issues than some might assume. Our energy crisis has come into focus quite clearly the past few years and the same questions raised by consumers mirror the issues that the creatures of Monstropolis face. Shortages. All monsters are working their hardest to make ends meet and yet ‘children’ keep getting harder and harder to come by. I have always thought that there are things being hidden by the higher-ups, our very own ‘scream extractors’. And yet, right under our noses is the laughter of children that is more valuable and powerful than any screams of fright will ever be. We just aren’t willing to try for it, or know it’s there, but collecting screams just creates more money for the big wigs. If you think about it, monsters are everywhere. Competing for our ‘screams’, our energy to keep the world moving forward. It is our job to make sure we give them laughter, the best and most powerful energy they need.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow you are a deep sort. I may be watching Monster's Inc. with new eyes now. I was all the way out your direction the other day picking up a craigs list item but then i had gotten lost so i was already super late plus i don't have my cell phone anymore so i couldn't have called for further directions if I wanted too...dang. Another time soon let's hang out though ok.
ReplyDeleteHow do you do that? You have a talent for expressing your thoughts. Keep it up-I love to read it.
ReplyDelete