

AMAZING weekend I must say! Mom Dad, Meg, Shell, and I, with spouses in toe went Friday to see Jon Schmidt and then on Monday to Michael McLean's Forgotten Carols.
Jon Schmidt was as always funny, charismatic and incredibly talented. He played with his hands, his feet and sometimes even his head. He interacts with the audience so well through out and there was a moment that he told us all to look at our chairs and if there was a red sticker on it to come up. A little family of a mother and children came up and Jon proceeded to tell us that this woman's husband was serving in the military and that she was left raise her children alone until his return. He was due to be home on Christmas. Jon asked the kids if they missed their dad and then out from behind the curtain walked a soldier. Their dad. I can't describe the emotion felt in that room while we watched such a beautiful homecoming. The mom had planned this for her children. We watched as the kids embraced their father and all the audience was forgotten.
I had never seen the Forgotten Carols and when we arrived Meg handed us our tickets and we had front row seats!!! It was awesome. We were so close the actors could spit on you. And they took the time to do so! While singing, we could see the tiny flecks of spit flying from one of the lead singers mouth! Michael McLean was amazing. There was a choir seated facing the audience on stage that sang during the play and each time Micheal McLean got up and faced them to lead them, or to play the piano, you could see the love on their faces toward this man. He has been writing music for 25 years, is grey haired now, and I couldn't help but think of what a blessing it was that I had a chance to see him and his masterpiece up close.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
A weekend of music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lucky you! I've never been able to go to Forgotten Carols...but I hear this was their last year. Glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteO it was so fun! I loved this past weekend. So wonderful and so uplifting.
ReplyDeletewhat a fun weekend. Music does wonders for the spirit. Made me cry just reading about the little family.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Both shows are amazing. Glad you were able to go! Front row huh? VIPs! :)
ReplyDeleteI loved the Forgotten Carols! Jake plays that CD every Christmas and knows all the words by heart. It is an amazing show. Glad you got to go and front row seats is awesome!
ReplyDelete