It finally happened. We knew it was inevitable. It was only a matter of time. And now we have to move. Jared is officially Arizonized. That's right, you heard me. It's like when you become part of a gang or a tribe. When you get stung by a scorpion, you are Arizonized. My poor little baby stepped on one of those awful creatures that can only have been sent from hell itself. I had a client (of course) and thank goodness Jason was home, he did enough panicking for the both of us. I went straight to my cupboard and made a mess looking for my french green clay. Yes, it's a must for any Arizona home. A friend gave it to me long ago and it works like a charm. I frantically mixed that stuff and drown Jared's tiny foot in it. He stopped crying! He of course whimpered for a half hour until he fell asleep. But it's been 2 hours, he is awake and feeling fine! Well, cranky, but who wouldn't be??
Thursday, March 5, 2009
A mothers panic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is totally scary. Good thing you were prepared!
ReplyDeleteI for one can say I know how he feels, and it makes me feel so bad that he is going through it. Keep an eye on him since he is little but I am glad to hear he is up and at em'. Tell Jared welcome to the Arizonized Club.
ReplyDeleteAwww, that is too sad. Poor little guy. I'm crossing my fingers in saying we just hardly ever see one. Hope he continues to feel good.
ReplyDeleteI've been stung. Too bad he was stung on his foot, lots of nerve endings - ouch. I was lucky I was stung on my arm where there aren't too many nerve endings. The worst part for me was the fear that it was gonna hurt bad. Scorpion stings are usually only a problem if you're allergic to them. In that case keep Benedryl on hand. (My dad is allergic.) And by the way - an inhaler makes the allergic reaction worse - requiring a trip to the ER.
ReplyDeletePoor Jared. I hope he's feeling better. That is so scary.
ReplyDeleteThat's scary! So were are you moving too? :)
ReplyDeleteahhhhhh yikes! Poor Baby! That completely sucks! Is he still doing ok!
ReplyDelete