Monday morning. Screaming coming from Lainy's room. Jared banging on the door to get in. Lainy intensely holding it closed from the other side. I walk in, she breaks down in sobbing tears. I hug her and ask what's wrong, she yells in exasperation, "The boogers won't come out of my nose!" Her whole body slumps down as she continues to cry. Again, "I just can't get them out of one side and I can't breathe!" As I try not to giggle at her obvious discomfort, I tell her it will go away soon enough, and I am so sorry for her stuffy nose. I leave her to her misery and Jared takes over comforting her. I hear her through sniffles and tears tell him she loves him and that he is her best friend, but to please leave so she can have some 'lonely' time.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's it going to be like when she starts having cramps?
ReplyDeleteO she cracks me up! Sweet little girl.
ReplyDeleteGood one Shelli! I can never get all the boogers out of my nose either. I feel for ya Lainy.
ReplyDeleteHaha. Cute girl. Is that your food storage in the background? So organized!
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable on so many levels...
ReplyDeleteSo grown up. I am cracking up. Morgan in always saying, "seriously mom, seriously." I can't help but smile.
ReplyDeleteI need some "lonely time" too! She is too cute!
ReplyDelete