He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, March 6, 2009

Ode to the man

Here's to the man who loves me.

Here's to the man who is filled with patience for my fly off the handle moments.

Here's to the man who I caught sword fighting in the kitchen alone with my butcher knives.

Here's to the man who has mastered organization, and so kindly let me know I had not.

Here's to the man who has a love and knowledge of the scriptures that I can only dream of. Thank you for teaching me.

Here's to the man who after 'learning' from the site The Great Throwdini, decided it would be a good idea to practice knife throwing on a stack of computer paper wrapped in cardboard propped up against the couch.

Here's to the man who has been known to leave flowers he picked on the way home in the fridge for me to find.

Here's to the man who drives to the nearest store at any time of night to get me my sugar crave combo- milk duds and licorice.

Here's to the man who thought it would be fun to practice shooting his pellet gun on a piece of sheet rock propped against my living room wall.

Here's to the man who got new throwing stars and decided to try them out in our bedroom. (I have little holes in the walls and blinds to prove it)

Here's to the man I love. Happy Birthday sweetie. Thanks for being so wonderful to me and keeping me on my toes.

IMG_2645 DSCI0012_edited

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy Birthday to Jason. I bet he loved having his Dad there for a surprise! Jason is definitely a funny guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jason! I learned some new things about Jason, knife throwing, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sir Jason - my favorite was when I first heard about the sword fighting in the kitchen.....I can totally picture it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, at all the weaponry in your house! How old is he??? How fun to still be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Jason! I am so glad you posted all those fun events - it sure made me smile! And Carter even made it into your post - wow, he was quite chubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww...what a great guy. you wrote it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow he is a sweetie! Lucky him and Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete